Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Leave a comment on this post and let them know you have subscribed to Thomas UDM dotcom.
Double your chances of winning by writing a blog post about this competition.
Deadline: May 12, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Practically every type and brand of cooking oil in the market today proudly proclaims that it is " 100 percent cholesterol-free" which is true. Expect that this boastful claim doesn't necessarily mean that cooking oil is good for your health. Keep in mind that cooking oils also contain saturated and unsaturated fats.
Saturated fats are bad for your health because they raise your blood cholesterol levels. Butter, whole milk, and meat contains high levels of saturated fats.
On the other hand, unsaturated fats- either monosaturated or polysaturated-are good for your health, and they may even help to lower your blood cholesterol levels. Of all the oils, canola has the lowest saturated fat content at around six percent. the highest, with an incredible concentration of around 79 percent, is palm oil.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Cervical cancer ( cancer of the cervix) is one of the easiest cancers to cure if it's detected early enough. a pap smear test is a quick and painless procedure that is used to check for precancerous or cancerous cells on the cervix. Doctors aren't in total agreement about how often women should have this test done, so ask your physician for his recommendations. In guideline, you should have an initial smear test at age 18 or as soon as you become sexually active. Subsequent smear test should be performed at least every three years.
After three consecutive normal Pap tests, your doctor may recommend less frequent testing. If you've had a total hysterectomy for benign disease, routine Pap tests may no longer be necessary. Women at high risk for cervical cancer should have more frequent testing.
You are at high risk it:
- you began sexual activity as teenager, especially if you had multiple sexual partners.
- you currently have more than one partner.
- you have a history of sexually transmitted disease.
- you have history of abnormal pap smear test or malignant/premalignant diagnoses.
- you smoke.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is common, around 15 percent of women fall victim to the disease, which can cause serious health risks. PID is an infection of the lining or walls of the uterus, the fallopian tubes, or the ovaries, and can result in long-term pelvic pain and permanent dmage to the reproductive organs.
PID is caused by organisms that enter the vagina and then travel through the cervix (the entrance to the uterus), into the uterus, up the fallopian tubes, and into the ovaries.
PID is spread sexually. Not surprisingly, women with more than one sexual partner are at the highest for PID.
A common sexually transmitted disease most likely to cause PID is chlamydia. Young women seem particularly prone to chlamydia infection. When it's not treated, it may spread from cervix to the uterus and other reproductive organs. It can also affect the urethra (The tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body) and other parts of the body. Chlamydia can lead to infertility or problems in infants born to affected women. PID can also be caused by childbirth, therapeutic abortion (medical termination of pregnancy), or an intrauterine device.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
The skin is the largest vital organ of your body. It has several function such as:
- helps keep germs from entering the body.
- helps regulate body temperature and remove waste
- it works as a sense organ
Knowing how to care for your skin properly is an important part of developing and maintaining a healthy look. Good health habits along with good grooming, promote healthy skin. Always remember that proper skin care should be a part of your daily routine.
Here are specific health habits/ practices that everyone must follow to have healthy skin.
- Wash, take a shower or bath regularly. During puberty stage, the sweat glands are more active. We have millions of sweat glands in the body. When your body gets hot the porers open up to release perspiration. perspiration itself does not cause body odor. But it occurs when bacteria come in contact with perspiration. bacteria grow easily on the skin when it is warm and moist. Thorough washing with soap and water daily slows bacterial growth and helps fight body odor. Deodorant and antiperspirant can also help wash the body odor or reduce the amount of perspiration. But remember, daily washing or bathing is still the best way to prevent body odor.
- Use skin care products in moderation. Avoid using heavy or greasy creams or make-up. Use mild soap only. Remeber, skin care products have chemicals that may damage the skin.
- Eat a balanced diet. Vitamin A helps to promote healthy skin. You can get it from milk, egg yolks, liver, green and yellow vegetables and yellow fruits.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes unhealthy skin.
- Drink plenty of water. drink at least 10 glasses or more daily.
- Get enough sleep and rest. Eight hours of sleep is required.
- Potect the skin from sunburn. Ultra violet rays make the skin age and develop wrinkle faster. Over exposure to ultra violet rays may lead to skin care.
- Exercise regularly.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
An ear specialist warned that excessive cleaning of the ears is actually harmful. Dr. Elmer de la Cruz, an otolarynologist, said that although ear wax might be considered by most unsightly, it actually serves as protective coating against ear infection.
Our ear need that brownish wax. Cotton buds or ear cleaners can also perforate the eardrum, resulting to hearing impairment. The inner portion of the ears should be cleaned only once every two weeks. The outer part of the ears can be cleaned daily. people produced different amount of ear wax. It just like a sweat. some people are more prone to sweating than others. Most are caused by ear infection or impacted ear wax. Constant exposure to noise also causes deafness.
Those who suffered from hearing disability, should consult the especialist. This is because uncorrected hearing impairment results in a worse hearing disability. if you don't stimulate the hearing nerves, they will generate.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Since vitamins are sensitive to environmental or atmospheric factors such as heat, air, humidity the coo must create literally an ideal atmosphere in the kitchen if he wants to retain the maximum nutrition in the food being cooked. While an ideal kitchen atmosphere will not totally prevent nutrition loss, it will certainly help minimize the problem.
Tips to help minimize the problem of nutrition reduction:
- Cut or shred vegetables with a sharp knife Vitamins A and C are reduced when vegetable tissue is bruised.
- Wash but do not soak fresh vegetables because this diminishes important Vitamins B and C.
- Cooking in copper pots (not pots with copper bottom) can destroy Vit. C, folic acid and Vit. E.
- Shorter cooking time less water will give you the most nutrients.
- Thiamine is especially vulnerable to heat and is also destroyed by refining and exposing to air and water.
- Zinc is lost in freezing and thawing.
- Prolonged exposure to light and heat reduces food's Vitamin B6 content.
- Vitamin A can be destroyed by frying food.
- Iodine is lost during thawing.
- Calcium, magnesium and riboflavin are lost during peeling.
- Pottasium, Vitamin B1 and folic acid are lost during cooking.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Chemicals get into our body through inhalation, ingestion, and absorption. scientist approximate that we breathe 10 to 20 thousand liters of air everyday.
Many houses trap chemical gases from cleansers. These harmful gases build up inside the home. Many members of the family spend most of their time inside the house. Expert says that people who work at home are at a gigher risk of developing cancer than those who work outside their homes. Cancer cases in the world have been rising. It is now considered as a major cause of death for children.
- Breast cancer is a major cause of death among woman. Experts say that it is caused by laundry detergents, household cleansers and pesticides.
- Bleaching chemicals are also linked to breast cancer, reproductive problems and learning and behavioral problems.
- Hosehold cleansers are usually the cause of poisoning of children.
- Hosehold cleansers and cosmetics can trigger asthma.
- Behavioral problems are linked to prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Chemicals cause all types of headaches.
- Formaldehyde, phenol, benzene, toluene, xylene are found in common household cleansers, cosmetics, beverages, fabric and cigarette smoke. These chemicals can cause cancer.
- Chemicals are stored in fatty tissues. The brain is high in fat content.
- There are ingredients inpesticides that may be toxic or poinsonous.
- There are many chemicals in cosmetics that are toxic. These cause tumors, reproductive complications, biological mutations and skin and eye irritations.
- Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, circulatory disorders, Alzheimer's Parkinson's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, depression, and hormonal problems are diseases commonly related to chemical exposure.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Detergents, insecticides, and similar substances are necessary in our homes. Do you know their uses? detergents are used for washing clothes and cleaning utensils. Insecticides help us rid our homes of mosquitoes, flies. and other pests. However, these useful materials can harm urs if we dont use them properly.
Here are some tips to keep your homes safe:
- Label detergents, insecticides, and other chemical properly. Write their names and intended uses on the containers. Indicate the injuries that t hey may cause. Some materials like acids are corrosive to skin, while some can emit poisonous fumes. warning labels on containers can tell us how these materials should be handled.
- Materials having the same uses should be kept together. Don't mix detergents with shampoos. You would not want use to detergents on your hair!
- Keep these materials in a cool, dry place, out of children's reach. To avoid accidents, you should prevent your younger sisters and brothers from playing with potentially harmful substances.
- Handle detergents and insecticides carefully. These materials mostly have instructional guides. make sure that you follow these instructions.
- Return these materials to their proper places after use. Wipe any spills immediately.
- When accidents happen, always seek the help of an adult or a doctor.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
1. Learn how to budget your time. Allocate time to various subjects and other activities.
2. Study regularly in a quite place.
3. Prepare all materials before studying and eliminate time wasters.
4. Before you study, see to it that you are free of problems that will affect concentration. Rest
mind when needed in the process.
5. Get the most difficult work first. A difficult work might better be studied first, for it cannot be mastered late at night when you are physically and mentally tired.
6. Apply good study habits to the classroom. Example : take down notes, be punctual and ask
question when it doubt.
7. Learn how to use your library.
8. Prepare for the examination.
- know what part of the text the exam will cover.
- if possible, find out the type of length of the exam and organize your study accordingly.
- review the materials frequently. Pay attention to difficult points.
- review with the intent to remember, knowing that the material will have to be recalled at a later date.
- review short and long quizzes to clear up doubtful points.
- extend your final, intensive review over several days preceding the examination in order to refresh your mind on details and overall principles that have been stressed throughout course.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Heading back to the streets where it all began, two men rejoin two women to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert. When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto reignites his feud with agent Brian O’Connor. But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmaneuver him. And from convoy heists to precision tunnel crawls across international lines, two men will find the best way to get revenge: push the limits of what’s possible behind the wheel.
When all ur faith seems to be missing ur way and U'll find there... A land of hope, a land of dreams. I'll be Ur angel, in Ur darkest night, I'll be Ur destiny...waiting by Ur side. I'll be Ur sunshine.. when Ur feeling blue. Im always here for U. And when U lose it all. N nuthin seems right.. JUst keep holding on me..
my heart cries out.. i dont want this injury.. i am from a world of pain!!. no one knows it.. a life that i know no wants to live.. if i cud only read ur mind.. U feel nuthin but emptyness... but seems ur trying to kill me softly in a way.. u dont know what ur doin when you try to walk away...my tears are started to bleed...because loving you is pain..u lead me into ur trap as easy as cutting fucking butter.. how come my heart opened to you.. you killed my heart.. you made it bleed.. the blood trickles down... Are u happy now??